Responsible and sustainable
At Rotterdam Shortsea Terminals, we believe that Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is vital to a successful future. We therefore actively pursue a CSR policy in which People, Planet and Prosperity are central. Our ambition is to transform RST into a truly sustainable container terminal.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
As Europe’s largest container terminal for shortsea shipping, we consider it our duty to maximise the positive impact we can make on both logistics and society in general. We aim to achieve this by making conscious choices, whereby all divisions of RST are able to actively contribute. In this way, we integrate sustainability into all aspects of our business operations. Each year, we communicate our ambitions, our achieved results and our actions in terms of responsible entrepreneurship in a CSR report.
Our CSR Policy
CSR has become a strategic spearhead for RST. A company-wide CSR project group has defined our CSR policy and the objectives for the future in consultation with our management. We will annually update our CSR report and communicate our achieved goals and ambitions in the areas of People, Planet and Prosperity.
UN’s Sustainable Development Goals as a starting point
Our CSR spearheads for People
1. Safe and healthy working
2. Attracting and retaining talent
3. Training and education
4. Participation and sponsoring
Our CSR spearheads for Planet
At RST, we want to express the environmental impact of our business operations in a transparent manner. Based on this, we formulate concrete actions for improvement. The spearheads which we focus on in this respect are:
- Energy by opting for green power, electrifying equipment and our vehicle fleet, participating in hydrogen projects and more;
- Climate Change by substantially reducing CO2 emissions and introducing an environmental management system within our organisation in accordance with ISO 14001;
- Waste by reducing the use of plastic, separating plastic waste and reducing paper consumption in the office.